Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fireproof

Tonight I have begun a journey. I cannot wait to see what is in store for me as I begin this journey and I can only imagine the great things that are to come from this journey. My church has begun the Bible study Fireproof. I was a big fan of this movie before I ever saw it. In fact, I couldnt get to the theatre to see it when it came out, so I bought it as soon as it came out on dvd. I watched it in full and cried the whole time...the first time I saw it. A week ago we watched the movie as a church and once again I cried. As I begin this study, I pray that God will turn my marriage around. Now dont get me wrong. My husband is wonderful and we have a good marriage, but I truely believe that with God it could be so much better. In fact I know that with God it will be so much better. Granted I know we will have our hard times and our not so hard times. But as it says in the movie, I want to be able to pull through the times when the flames rise up. I am hoping that by the time I end the 40 day journey, that my husband is able to see a change in me. I am praying that when this is over with he will want what I have found, just like what happened with Caleb and Katherine. So as I begin this journey, I will keep posted how things are going. The good and the bad, maybe not all the ugly. This in turn will keep me accountable in more than one way. I am begining tomorrow with day 1. My prayer through this is that God will create a heart in me that is stronger for Him than I can ever imagine. I want a Godly marriage. I want God to be completely evident in my life and I want to put my husband as my treasure. That is the starting point. Making my treasures more of what God wants. I want to treasure my husband. I want him to view the way I treat him as a treasure.

2 comments:

angie shockley said...

I will be praying for you! And, yes, laying it all out there certainly does keep you very accountable.

Much love to you!

angie shockley said...

Haven't heard from your study. Did you get to finish it before Jason's hospital ordeal?