Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well, its that time of the year again. Time to begin looking back on the year, seeing what I am thankful for, make the mad dash to all the relatives and eat WAY to much turkey and dressing (and camp stew if its there), and contemplate if I want to get out and freeze to death (well almost) while waiting outside for an unbelievable deal on black Friday.

For most people, Thanksgiving involves one day and maybe 2 different stops for the family. For my family its a little different. We start on Wednesday night, and if we are lucky we finish up on Thanksgiving evening. Needless to say, I dont need to eat anything the rest of the weekend. However no matter how crazy the holidays tend to be, I love the madness and craziness of it all.

As I sit back with a belly full this year and contemplate where I will take my afternoon nap, I will think of all the things I am most grateful for.
  • I am grateful for the Love of my Abba Daddy. That HE loves me so much that HE gave HIS son for my sins, so that I can be with HIM forever ( and by the way, HE has the same love for you!)
  • I am grateful for my family. I have been blessed beyond what I ever thought I would, with a family that stands by me and loves me beyond measure. I have a fabulous husband, and two wonderful daughters (who bless their hearts, act just like me)
  • I am grateful to work for a company and in a career that I love. It is a great feeling to actually look forward to going to work.

Now, this is just the tip of the iceburg on my list of things to be thankful for. (It is a week before Thanksgiving, I cant give them all out this early) So as you go about gearing up for the madness, take time to reflect on what you have, how much you have, and count your blessings!!!

No comments: